Our chapter’s emerging professionals (EP) group is geared towards members and non members who are starting out in their career and want to grow professionally. The EP group will provide events focused on career development and opportunities to network.
To build upon the success and innovation of APWA and its affiliated agencies by:
- providing current and potential public works professionals with educational and career opportunities, and;
- helping public works agencies create an environment that is appealing, challenging and rewarding to a diverse and ever-changing work force.
Vision of Success
- Increase diversity within APWA WA Membership.
- Increase training and mentoring opportunities for EPs.
- Increase participation of EPs and students within APWA.
- Host regular social and education events aimed at EPs and students.
Connect! Meetings & Email Sign-up
We meet virtually the first Monday every month at 12:00pm. Contact the Chair to get a meeting link.
To sign-up for our communications, please contact the Chair.
Chair Contact Information
For questions, to sit on a meeting, or join the Emerging Professionals Committee, please contact the chair:
Paula Welly, firstname.lastname@example.org, 206.375.4757
Links and Resources
>> APWA National Young Professionals Committee - connect with other Chapters, and find resources such as the Emerging Leaders Academy.
>> WA Chapter Emerging Professionals LinkedIn Group
>> "Making an Impact on Your Growth", Fall 2020 Article by the Emerging Professionals Committee
2022 Year End Happy Hour
Emerging Professionals rounded out the year with Happy Hour at The Rock Pizza. Happy Holidays!
2022 Emerging Professionals Committee 10-Year Anniversary!
The APWA WA Emerging Professionals Committee was established 10 years ago and has continuously provided emerging professionals opportunities to connect, learn, and grow in their careers.
2022 Hood Street Surface Water Interceptor Project Tour in Tacoma, WA
The project team is designing and constructing a large 60-inch diameter interceptor stormwater pipeline and a new outfall into the Thea Foss Waterway. Work began in fall 2021 and will be complete in fall 2022. This stormwater improvement project is an important part of the underground network of pipes that help reduce flooding in and around the downtown area.
2022 Spring Conference Emerging Professionals Sessions Track
The Emerging Professionals organized and facilitated a track of 6 educational sessions geared towards Emerging Professionals presented at the 2022 WA Chapter Spring Conference in Vancouver, WA.
Emerging Professionals Connect During the Pandemic
- Virtual "In-site" Happy Hours
- Virtual Educational Panel Discussions
- Hybrid Meetings