The American Public Works Association – Washington Chapter is the premier professional organization of choice from management to maintenance with over 1,600 members state-wide. Join us to learn, network and grow.
1. Free training classes and reduced rate seminars. Stay in front of new trends with certifications and CEU credits through training classes and seminars offered in diverse topics.
2. Networking and mentoring opportunities. Connect with similar organizations in formal and informal settings by taking advantage of the many activities and service opportunities available.
3. Motivate, engage and retain your valued staff. Offering growth opportunities for career development is the best way to retain staff (*study by Linkage, Inc.) and APWA can provide this and more.
4. Raise your organization’s public profile through publications and awards. Stay in the spotlight with the Washington’s PublicWORKS magazine, as well as Facebook and website. Public Works projects and leaders are recognized through our annual awards program.
5. Make a difference in Public Works. Impact your industry and community by serving on committees that set standards and inform laws such as: Construction Standards, Transportation, and Government Affairs.
6. Affordable individual and group options. From $120 for first time individual membership to group rates, APWA has a solution for you.
Membership committee is a liaison between new members and the APWA committees. If you are interested in joining APWA and being involved in a committee, we would be happy to provide committee options and help find the right fit for you.