The City of Redmond is actively recruiting for a community minded leader to be our Assistant Director of Public Works. This position supports the City's mission, vision, values and strategic initiatives, and works under the general direction of the Public Works Director to plan, direct, manage, supervise and coordinate all Maintenance and Operations activities inclusive of water, stormwater, wastewater, streets, and fleet services.
This level of decision making requires sound judgment, high level Public Works operations knowledge, and the ability to recognize and understand the impact of decisions. Ability to coordinate with other departments on management and shared use of the Maintenance and Operations Center.
The City of Redmond is seeking a candidate who is:
• Focused on fostering relationships within the organization and explores new opportunities to partner with key members of Public Works.
• Invested in promoting customer service excellence, both internally and externally.
• Experienced in inspiring and leading teams; and who understands the importance of executing plans, schedules and budgets; influential in arriving at mutual decisions through efficient use of resource allocations.
• Knowledgeable in Public Works Maintenance and Operations principles and practices; maintenance, operations, regulatory requirements in the areas of responsibility: streets, water, stormwater, wastewater, and fleet services.
• Knowledgeable in business management practices and the development of performance metrics to measure success.
• Approachable, confident, dedicated to building trust, and committed to creating and maintaining partnerships. For more information and to apply, please visit